The result of the encounter between the top Italian artisans and international contemporary creativity created unique pieces that combined innovation and tradition. The pieces were on display at the Galleria d'Arte Moderna of Milan from 4 to 9 April.
The materials and techniques applied to design and create the pieces ranged from silver to paper, from ceramics to metal, from wood to Florentine mosaic, from paint to mosaic, from textiles to the mirrors and glass.
The initiative aims to extend the expressive possibilities of the designers and artisans, thus helping them explore new dimensions and offering the opportunity to work with exceptional materials applying unique techniques and best practices.
Designers and artisans
- Nika Zupanc (Slovenia) and De Vecchi Milano 1935 (silver)
- Uros Mihic (Serbia) and Caterina Crepax (paper)
- Elisa Strozyk (Germany) and BottegaNove (ceramics)
- Dimitri Bähler (Svizzera) and Maurizio Tittarelli Rubboli (ceramics)
- Sara Ricciardi (Italy) and Nicolò Morales (ceramics)
- Pierre Marie (France) and Leonardo Scarpelli (Florentine mosaic)
- Raw Edges (United Kingdom) and Carlo Apollo (wood)
- Lex Pott (Holland) and HABITO – Giuseppe Rivadossi Officina (wood)
- Oskar Zieta (Poland) and La Fucina di Efesto (metal)
- Jan Plecháč & Henry Wielgus (Repubblica Ceca) and Gianluca Pacchioni (metal)
- Sebastian Herkner (Germany) and Lucio Doro, di Alchymia (lacca)
- Felix Muhrhofer (Austria) and Fabrizio Travisanutto (mosaic)
- Cristina Celestino (Italy) e Antique Mirror (mirror)
- Federico Pepe (Italy) e Marta Cucchia, dell’Atelier Giuditta Brozzetti (textile)
- Emmanuel Babled (Portugal/France) and Simone Crestani (glass).
Promoters of the initiative
Fondazione Cologni dei Mestieri D'arte, Living Corriere della Sera and Michelangelo Foundation for Creativity and Craftsmanship.
Fuori salone 2017