The design in the world speaks Italian: about 100 billion turnover approximately 32 billion are made in Italy. To illustrate the meaning of Italian design on March 2 over 100 cities around the world hosted conferences, events, workshops and exhibitions.
Over 100 ‘ambassadors’ (designers, entrepreneurs, journalists, professors and critics) have:
- Spoken about the wealth of creativity that exists in Italy, and their experiences and projects
- Met the local artisans, and visited their atelier to further their knowledge and evaluate new ways to collaborate
In Italy the celebrations were held in Rome at the Foreign Ministry where a selection of objects that had been awarded the Compasso D'Oro ADI were exhibited.
- In New York a Conference was held by Michele De Lucchi. In Chicago, the Consulate General of Italy and B&B Italy have shown a video excerpt from the film 'B&B Italy. ‘La poesia nella forma. Quando il esign incontra l’industria’.
- In Los Angeles, the architect Lorenzo met Elena Pacenti and Carlo Caccavale, respectively president of Domus Academy School of Design of San Diego and Executive Director dof the American Institute of Architects of Los Angeles
- In Beijing, at the National Museum in Tiananmen Square the Triennale curated the exhibition on Italian design "Serie fuori Serie".
- In New Delhi, the Triennale Design Museum presented the exhibition "Under 35. Italian Design "(27 projects 100 Italian designers Under 35).
- In Lima, Francesca Lanzavecchia talked about innovation, and the exhibition ‘+' 50! Il Grande Gioco dell’Industria’ by Francesca Molteni took place.
- The graphic designer Francesco Cavalli was present at the Italian Institute of culture in Sydney.
- Lisbon hosted the Director of the Mic in Faenza Claudia Casali with two lectures on the importance of the Italian ceramic design.
- In Israel, at the Design Museum Holon, Clare Oaks, Creative Director of trademark Venetian Salviati gave a presentation
- In Berlin, the Embassy hosted a meeting with Patricia Moroso, art director of the historic company of the interior design sector from Friuli that has reinvented the concept of Chair, while Ferrari's Vice President Flavio Manzoni presented the houses’ new models on the occasion of its 70th anniversary.
- One of the most important names of architecture in Italy, Mario Bellini, was present in London.
- Finally in Moscow objects from Damiani, Italian brand of fine jewelry, and Venini, that produces glassware were presented.
The event will be repeated on March 2, 2018 with a big event that will take into account the collected materials, experiences and and more that came up in the course of the first edition.
The event-wanted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Culture and the Milan government and organized along with the ‘Salone del Mobile’, the association for industrial design and the Agency Ice, is within the scope of the promotional plan to promote the made in Italy.